Process / Project Engineer
Company: Tremco Commercial Sealants & Waterproofing
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Tremco CPG Manufacturing Inc has an opportunity for a Senior
Process Engineer located in Corsicana, Texas.
The Senior Process Engineer's role is viewed as an extension of
management. Responsibilities are broad and include safety, product
quality, process control, productivity improvement, and development
of a LEAN culture. The process engineer is expected to spend a
significant amount of time on the floor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume a leadership position at safety meetings in partnership
with the shift supervisors. Activities include resolution and
communication regarding safety issues. Presentation of meeting
- Monitor progress regarding 7S area scans. Resolve issues in
partnership with operators and shift supervisors.
- Proactively monitor areas for potential safety issues.LEAN
- Develop and execute upon "standard work" activities.
- Assume responsibility for assigned activities on the
- Conduct "GEMBA Walks" daily. Use walks as the primary means of
education and communication of expectations.
- Thoroughly understand the principle and philosophy behind the
implementation of a LEAN culture.Product Quality:
- Use Six Sigma methodologies to drive continuous improvement and
to reduce process variability.
- Coordinate the training of operators with a focus on quality
critical product specifications, Standard Operating Procedures and
process parameters. Productivity:
- Improve productivity through the elimination of non-value-added
- Lead the effort to identify causes that result in productivity
levels below the expected.
- Participate with maintenance in facility TPM programs.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Chemical Engineering from an ABET
Accredited university and four to five years related experience
- Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Four to ten years of related experience and/or training.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus.
- Understanding process variance and the resultant effects on
- Knowledge of applied statistics.
- Perform problem analysis utilizing problem-solving
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
Keywords: Tremco Commercial Sealants & Waterproofing, Mesquite , Process / Project Engineer, Engineering , Corsicana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!