HS & E Engineer
Company: Tremco Incorporated
Posted on: March 17, 2023
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the creation of standard operating procedures for
manufacturing processes for safety and environmental purposes and
conducts training sessions as necessary to educate
- Evaluates, develops and revises site safety management and
hazard prevention programs and procedures to ensure a safe
workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Develops, promotes, and implements a proactive, environmental,
and safety focused culture throughout the organization.
- Assists with the development, promotion, and implementation of
- proactive plant specific EHS committees as necessary.
- Drives awareness and accountability for HS&E performance
through all levels of the organization - provides support and
ensures root cause and other analysis is completed to reduce
- Sustains productive and collaborative working relationships
with all levels of the organization in an effort to promote
proactive use of the HS&E initiatives.
- Ensures HS&E compliance with Federal, state, and local
- Monitors, interprets, and analyzes the HS&E laws, standards
and regulations that impact business operations in the company's
- Compiles, calculates and manages associated environmental and
safety data and statistics and completes necessary and assigned
HS&E and client record keeping requirements.
- Assists with facilitation of required site, corporate, and
government HS&E inspections and reporting.
- Identifies and evaluates critical gaps in compliance or
findings from incidence reports and collaborates with company
executives, site leadership, and insurance risk management services
to develop and implement corrective measures and provide expertise
in the inspection, analysis, audit and investigation of our
environmental and safety practices.
- Assists with conducting regular safety, quality and
environmental system compliance audits and risk
- Assists with the assessment of the organization's business
practices to plan the long and short-term objectives for
compliance, risk management, and development of training and
compliance strategies to minimize risk going forward.
- Participates in the implementation of the site's Process Safety
Management and Risk Management programs, including audits,
development of site processes, leading and participation in Process
Hazard Analysis, and data management and reporting.
- Assists with the management of site environmental programs
including, but not limited to, hazardous and non-hazardous waste
management, SPCC/SWPPP compliance, air permit compliance, alcohol
permit compliance, product stewardship, and deep well
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager and or the
LEVEL OF INDEPENDENCE
Incumbent develops procedures for performance of a variety of
duties or performs complex duties within established policy
guidelines; responsible for a defined set of assignments, e.g., all
financial activities for the department; is expected to determine
and create necessary procedures to set priorities and meet specific
goals and objectives of the function or unit. (Typically pertains
to advanced/operational, senior professional, unit supervisor)
EDUCATION & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental -Engineering, Occupational
or Environmental Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or
- Minimum 8 years of on-the-job progressive experience in leading
and implementing safety and environmental health programs in a
manufacturing environment. -
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and knowledge of health,
safety, and environmental regulations required.
- Prior experience working with local, state, and federal
regulatory agencies as well as involvement in negotiations
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. - Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. - Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Word and Excel; EHS
information systems; and agency reporting software.
- Ability to anticipate typical problems, identify potential or
recurring problems, and take appropriate action
- Ability to think critically, define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with a focus on
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of mechanical
instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Demonstrated and verifiable ability to work and communicate
effectively with all levels of the organization, e.g., from hourly
employees to senior management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and
in writing and listen effectively; ability to present information
to a diverse audience.
- Proven leadership ability to effectively influence and lead
- Ability to prioritize work, work autonomously and accept
constructive feedback. -
- Ability to travel to other RPM facilities as required.
- This position operates both in an office setting and on the
Manufacture plant floor located outdoors.
Wages: From $80,000 -to -$100,000 annually. - -
This position is bonus -eligible.
Benefits, upon satisfaction of applicable eligibility requirements,
include but are not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, disability, vacation/PTO/sick days/parental leave,
401(k), employee stock purchase plan, and pension.
Keywords: Tremco Incorporated, Mesquite , HS & E Engineer, Engineering , Corsicana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...