Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Company: Benjamin Moore & Co
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which
was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most
admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected
leader in the architectural coatings and home decor landscape;
creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands
of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the
driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work
environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful
collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look
for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class
services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using
the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand
experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will co-develop and implement
site-wide maintenance management systems and processes, with the
goal of supporting the business ambition of the site through
delivery of best-in-class maintenance. This role will manage and
coordinate day-to-day efforts of the Maintenance Department by
setting standards for equipment, implementing TPM (total productive
maintenance), and continuously achieve equipment performance
metrics. This role will report directly to the Plant
The ideal candidate will have experience and a proven record of
working cross functionally with a strong background in lean
manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies. Must have
experience with administrating company policies. This is an
outstanding opportunity for someone who understands process
operation, loves to work hands-on with production equipment, and is
a skilled communicator of Maintenance & Reliability concepts to a
general audience. This role is a great fit for someone with
outstanding problem-solving abilities and has understanding of
various processes in the manufacturing plant.
* Co-Develop site local maintenance strategy including maintenance
performance measures and set targets for year 1 and for longer term
aspirations for years 2 - 5.
* Develop and implement maintenance life plans for all assets, an
appropriate combination of predictive, preventive, and reactive
activities, to achieve desired levels of plant performance and
availability at optimal maintenance cost.
* Ultimately responsible for implementing/expanding/managing and
improving Maintenance & Reliability of systems and equipment to
continuously reduce downtime and improve site production
* Responsible for evaluating the technical skills of maintenance
team and implementing the right development plans / training as
* Maintain and adjust maintenance staffing strategy and scheduling
to fully support plant production needs as production demand and
* Setting expectations on individuals' behavior and performance and
ensuring that regular feedback is provided both by formal routes
but also in regular Gemba sessions.
* Coaching and providing development to improve the
behavior/performance of individuals and the team to ensure that the
expectations are being met.
* Co-Develop and implement a spare parts strategy, including
inventory polices, supply chain and procurement optimization and
storeroom operations and for 3rd party maintenance services,
including outsourcing policy and contracting strategy to achieve
optimum service and cost.
* Function as the plant owner of equipment installation, upgrades,
and dependability issues, and lead or assist in trouble shooting
processes or equipment issues.
* Lead electrical and mechanical maintenance groups and manage
annual maintenance budget.
* Lead preventive and predictive maintenance efforts to maximize
plant uptime and reduce maintenance costs while improving safety,
quality, reliability, and productivity.
* Develop and maintain effective lines of communication with the
production departments to ensure plant maintenance and reliability
support plant goals.
* Responsible for continuously improving operations through
innovation and new concepts that improve results while reducing
* This position is an active leader in driving safety, quality,
productivity, and cost reduction efforts.
* Establish and drive improvements in OEE (overall equipment
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
* 5 years+ Maintenance & Reliability experience in a manufacturing
* Ability to develop / maintain local Reliability programs, as well
as address short-term equipment operation issues.
* Strong understanding of reliability and maintenance principles
including data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation
skills, failure analysis including preservation of evidence
techniques, maintenance and reliability best practices including
planning and scheduling processes, rotating equipment and alignment
techniques, basic Materials Science including material selection
and properties, lubrication and fundamentals of interpreting oil
analysis results and vibration analysis.
* Strong background in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
* Strong understanding of Spare Parts Management Program.
* Experience with preventive and predictive maintenance
technologies and practices.
* Ability to work in the plant responding to problems and
* Demonstrate track record of successes leading maintenance efforts
in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to manage multiple initiatives independently with strong
* Solid problem-solving skills: RCCA experience preferred.
* Lead individuals or project teams to achieve milestones and
objectives by setting priorities and providing direction.
* Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all
levels in the organization.
Keywords: Benjamin Moore & Co, Mesquite , Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Executive , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!