Clinic RN - Full Time
Company: Texas Oncology
Posted on: November 22, 2021
OverviewTexas Oncology requires new employees to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to
applicable, verified accommodation requests.Texas Oncology is
looking for an Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team!This
position will support the Medical City Dallas location (7777 Forest
Ln, Dallas, TX 75230). This is a full-time Monday-Friday position
with no weekends, call, or major holidays. Texas Oncology is the
largest community oncology provider in the country and has
approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and
southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based
cancer care because they believed in making the best available
cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight
cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends
nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we
use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality,
high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve
"More breakthroughs. More victories." in their fight against
cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed
with cancer on an annual basis.Why work for us?Come join our team
that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating
more patient diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in
Texas. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that
includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and
Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, a 401k plan
that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards
you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks
such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and
discounts on some of your favorite retailers.What does the Clinic
Registered Nurse (RN) do?Under general supervision, the Registered
Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for patients adhering
to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty
regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual
aspects of care and participates in company-wide quality
initiatives. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance
Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Responsibilities The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding
current status and medical history.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing,
diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family
and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to
- Assist patients in locating available community resources.
- Inter professional collaboration
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs and medical assistants.
Qualifications The ideal candidate for the Clinic Registered Nurse
(RN) will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of RN experience.
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.Texas Oncology
is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or national origin.Category: Clinical
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Mesquite , Clinic RN - Full Time, Healthcare , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!