Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - MICU - Medical Intensive Care Unit - $33-49 per hour
Company: Medical City Healthcare
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Medical City Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) MICU
- Medical Intensive Care Unit for a nursing job in Dallas,
Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: MICU - Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Nights (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to
deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Medical City Dallas we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
Registered Nurse MICU and access programs to assist with every
stage of your career.BenefitsMedical City Dallas, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our Registered Nurse MICU opening and continue to learn!Job
Summary and QualificationsPerform direct patient care within the
scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with
emphasis on the needs of individual ACC patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others
to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote a supportive environment that treats patients and
families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle,
religion and culture.
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult,
and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives
and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care techs, and /
or nurse interns.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organizationWhat
qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- If hired after 6/1/12, BSN required within 24 months of hire
into RN position.
- Minimum of one-year experience in Critical Care in an acute
care hospital within the last three years required.
- Experience with high acuity ICU medical is preferred.
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross ACLS
- CCRN preferredThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations
(unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).Medical City
Dallas is recognized for its advanced medical facilities and
commitment to excellence in patient care. We are an 895+ bed
tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500
physicians, many are recognized as the world's best in their
specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over
the United States and from other countries. We offer sophisticated
treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City
Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital. We
have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient
clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to
state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical
procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the Medical
City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to leading
medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the
network.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's
Most Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.--"Good people beget
good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse MICU opening. Our team will promptly review your application.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status.Medical City Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-964262.
Posted job title: Registered Nurse MICU
Keywords: Medical City Healthcare, Mesquite , Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - MICU - Medical Intensive Care Unit - $33-49 per hour, Healthcare , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...