Staff - Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care - $36-45 per hour
Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Parkland Health and Hospital System is seeking a Registered
Nurse (RN) NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care Senior for a nursing job
in Dallas, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your
abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas
of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland
works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of
individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining
Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's
served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to
work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team
where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.PRIMARY
- RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing
professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery by
the health care team. Using the nursing process, the RN assesses
the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on responses to
health problems, develops and implements an individualized plan of
care, and evaluates the patient's response.
- The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare
environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare
encounter without any preventable complications or delays.
- The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel based
on the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the
competencies of the employee. -MINIMUM -SPECIFICATIONS Education:
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in Nursing
Degree (BSN) preferred. -Experience:
- Must have two years of nursing experience.
- Prefer experience in an acute care setting. -Equivalent
- None Certification/Registration/Licensure:
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Military Training Network. -
- Must have Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
within 90 days of hire or reclassification into the role. -Skills
or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance
with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team
members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates
patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
families, and hospital staff in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
- Serves as a patient advocate, by focusing on patient needs,
patient rights, confidentiality, and religious and cultural
- Maintains positive working relationships with all Parkland
internal and external customers, employees, etc.
- Serves as a resource for patients and other healthcare team
- Serves as a resource for specific clinical patient care
- Provides patient care educational information and training to
patient and family members.
- May participate in community outreach activities (such as
health fairs, community collaborations or outreach clinics) as
- Maintains and implements knowledge of applicable rules,
regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact or govern
nursing practice, and ensures the hospital and Parkland are in
- Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to
applicable state/federal laws and the program requirements of
accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health
- Maintains and updates knowledge of sanitation, infection
control, safety, supplies, equipment, appropriate utilization of
supplies and materials.
- Performs appropriate patient assessments including continuous
- Recognizes changes in a patient -s condition and provides
appropriate interventions as necessary.
- Consults with other team members as required, notifies
providers to report changes in patient condition and implements
orders in a timely manner.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing safe nursing care
to the stable neonate.
- Supports breastfeeding and provide education related to newborn
- Provides safe medication administration using the patients six
(6) rights, provide maintenance and management of IV access, must
be able to perform POC monitoring and demonstrate safe infection
- Completes appropriate documentation.
- Maintains accurate and timely entries and notations in patient
care records and hospital documents.
- Ensures that all records and documents meet the standards,
goals, and objectives of the Newborn Nursery and Parkland.
- Works with other staff in providing direction to non-nursing
- Participates in information exchanges with nursing and other
Parkland staff that support the standards, missions, goals and
objectives of the Newborn Nursery and Parkland.
- Seeks and utilizes direction from more experience staff and
team members as needed.
- Provides appropriate hand off any time care is
- Serves as Charge Nurse on rotation as necessary.
- Serves as a preceptor or trainer to newer nursing staff
- Prepares and conducts an in-service educational program for the
Newborn Nursery at least once per year.
- Identifies ways to improve work process and improve patient and
- Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements and monitors
results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the
Newborn Nursery and Parkland.
- May serve on various interdisciplinary committees as
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and
trends in nursing practice by attending seminars/workshops, reading
professional journals and actively participating in professional
- Maintains State of Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse, plus
any additional required licensures/certifications. Integrates
knowledge gained into current work practices.Parkland Health and
Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over),
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, disability, national origin, marital status, political
belief, or veteran status.Parkland Health and Hospital Systems Job
ID #835181-en_US. Posted job title: Sr Reg Nurse - Neonatal
Delivery Room NurseAbout Parkland Health and Hospital
SystemMissionWe will advance wellness, relieve suffering, develop
VisionWe will advance health equity through excellence as a public
Parkland's values are the principles that guide us. They are
reflected in our actions. Our values are spelled simply as I CARE.I
CARE stands for:Integrity - I will be honest, trustworthy,
authentic, humble and transparent.Compassion and collaboration - I
will provide service in a spirit of empathy, concern and love. I
will work together with others to deliver excellent care for our
community.Accountability - I will hold myself and others
responsible for performance excellence, stewardship, and will
welcome feedback.Respect - I will value the unique and diverse
experiences of others and treat everyone with kindness and
humility.Equity - I will value the diversity of patients and
colleagues and strive to promote everyone's health, dignity, and
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Mesquite , Staff - Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care - $36-45 per hour, Healthcare , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...