Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Coordinator, Orthopedics - $34-47 per hour
Company: Medical City Healthcare
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Medical City Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Clinical Coordinator, Orthopedics for a nursing job in Dallas,
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Orthopedics
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: days, flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent Shift: Days (Rotating Weekends)
Clinical Nurse Coordinator Orthopedics Shift: Full time - Days
Location: Medical City Dallas Hospital
Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Clinical
Nurse Coordinator Orthopedics you want in your current role? We
invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work,
and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity
for you to join Medical City Dallas which is a part of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Benefits Medical City Dallas, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
Medical City Dallas!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high
quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in
the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration
with other members of the management team, the CNC directs,
monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established
policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and
models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to
support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes
that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the general supervision of the unit's director or designee
the CNC assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of
all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In
collaboration with other members of the management team, this
individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality
of patient care services provided in the unit or department.
- Is a clinical Registered Nurse who can assume care for the
patient population on the assigned unit
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions during the designated shift
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in
necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided when s/he is on duty
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on
Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative
Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the
unit, in collaboration with other members of the management
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-, family-
and person-centered care
- Operationalizes evidenced-based practices to enhance patent
safety and quality outcomes
- Represents the organization positively within the community,
and participates in company-supported and other healthcare related
community/patient events and in-services
- Will assume leadership responsibility for the management of the
unit in support of the manager/director, including direct
supervision of a portion of the unit/department staff, payroll
editing, performance reviews, coaching and developing staff,
performance management, recognition, and other duties as assigned.
Each CNC on the unit will have designated responsibilities, that
may rotate, within one or more of the following core areas:
- Quality, Safety, and Regulatory Preparedness
- Patient Experience
- Employee Engagement, Physician Satisfaction, and Culture
- Fiscal Responsibility including scheduling, overtime review,
and supply management
- Staff Development including education and competency; New
Graduate (resident) and Preceptor support POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN required within 1 year. Magnet /Pathways Accredited
hospitals require BSN at time of hire
- Certification in specialty required within 1 year
- Completion of charge nurse course required within one year
- Other leadership training and activity in professional
organizations highly preferred
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact
- AHA or ARC Healthcare Provider BLS
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of
his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Dallas is recognized for its advanced medical
facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We are an
895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of more
than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the world's best in
their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all
over the United States and from other countries. We offer
sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists.
Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric
hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms,
outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have
access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new
medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the
Medical City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to
leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Nurse
Coordinator Orthopedics opening. We review all applications.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We
are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion .
click apply for full job details
Keywords: Medical City Healthcare, Mesquite , Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Coordinator, Orthopedics - $34-47 per hour, Healthcare , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...