Company: Medical City Healthcare
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Medical City Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Clinical Coordinator, MICU - Medical Intensive Care Unit for a
nursing job in Dallas, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: MICU - Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: StaffShift: Nights (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to
deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Medical City Dallas we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
RN and access programs to assist with every stage of your
career.BenefitsMedical City Dallas, offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our RN opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and
delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of
all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift.
In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC
directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with
established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for
staff, and models a commitment to the organization's
vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience
and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental
performance.What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment.What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required within 1 year. Magnet--/Pathways-- Accredited
hospitals require BSN at time of hire.
- Certification in specialty required within 1 year.
- Completion of charge nurse course required within one
- Other leadership training and activity in professional
organizations highly preferred.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of
his/her unit and leadership/management experience is
preferred.--Medical City Dallas is recognized for its advanced
medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We
are an 895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of
more than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the world's best
in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from
all over the United States and from other countries. We offer
sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists.
Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric
hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms,
outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have
access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new
medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the
Medical City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to
leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across
the network.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more
than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.--"Good people beget
good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN opening. Our
team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status.Medical City Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-1298812. Posted job
title: Clinical Nurse Coordinator MICU
Keywords: Medical City Healthcare, Mesquite , staff , Healthcare , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!