Pediatric Registered Nurse - Private Duty Nurse - DFW Area - Private Duty
Company: At Home Health Care
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Pediatric Registered Nurse - Private Duty Nurse - DFW
Under indirect supervision, prioritizes, organizes and manages the
day to day nursing operations of a specified clinical area,
including coordination of patient care, supervision of a
professional team which includes multiple nursing staff and other
staff as appropriate, administrative and budget management and
problem negotiation/resolution. Provides quality, comprehensive
nursing care in the client's home as prescribed by the physician in
the plan of care. Responsible for collaborating with the
interdisciplinary team to develop the plan of care for the client.
Manages nursing treatments and activities to meet the needs of each
individual patient. Monitor utilization of services ordered and
delivered to promote a patient's health needs with quality, cost
* Full time, Part time and PRN positions available for all
* Day and Night shifts available.
* Demonstrate current knowledge of and adherence to state and
governmental regulations and intermediary guidelines for home
health care services.
* Maintains compliance with all At Home Healthcare policies,
procedures, and regulations, including all federal and state
* Demonstrates proficient understanding and adherence to continuous
quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental or
infection control standards.
* Responsible for accurate and overall management of assigned
caseload of patients to include assignment of visits and
verification of frequency of visits planned and completed.
* Manages caseloads of case managers.
* Provides supervision and direction to field staff and oversees
* Oversees clinical services delivered and ensures adherence to
physician orders/care plans, standards of care, and applicable
state and federal regulations. Ensures that an appropriate health
care professional performs a reassessment of a client's needs i.e.
significant health status change in condition, physician's request,
or after hospital discharge.
* Review clinician notes/POC to ensure that documentation is
accurate and care provided is according to care plan and report any
personnel matter to supervisor and/or supervising nurse.
* Responsible for staff development to include initial
orientation/training, ongoing training, and development/provision
of any specialty training. May provide hands on training.
* Provides supervision and direction to direct reports, and
oversees nursing services performed. Provide professional growth
and development; monitor and provide constructive feedback and
document any disciplinary actions taken; conduct annual performance
* Responsible for and attends all case conferences as scheduled to
discuss and evaluate patient diagnoses, treatment plans, progress,
goals, scheduling, problems, and interventions with
interdisciplinary team; complete appropriate documentation of
meeting to patient record.
* Follows up on reported or witnessed patient problems and
concerns; maintains effective communication with physician, client,
family members, and supervisor as necessary.
* Responsible for coordination of care/services with all service
providers to include physicians, client's family, other service
providers, and/or payer sources.
* Responsible for accurately and appropriately administering
medications; providing nursing interventions as required; and
performing treatments for patients as prescribed by client
physician and within the scope of practice for professional nursing
in the state of Texas. Completes accurate and timely documentation
of care provided on appropriate agency forms.
* Acts in the role of staff nurse as necessary to ensure delivery
of all ordered services and supervision of services within the
Texas scope of practice for the Registered Nurses. Provides
accurate and complete independent care to clients at remote
locations as required.
* Responsible for development, effective implementation, and
periodic review as necessary of the plan of care, care plan and/or
* Responsible for initiating client discharge planning upon client
admission to care. Accurately and timely complete Discharge forms
at time of client discharge from agency services.
* Responsible for submission and follow-up on appeals for
* Responsible for utilization and desk reviews.
* Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity, performance,
and foster a cooperative work environment.
* Required to participate in the RN on-call rotation.
* Requires a pleasant and cheerful demeanor, shows an attitude of
helpfulness and cooperation, and the ability to encourage, mentor,
and support fellow workers on a daily basis and while encountering
stressful situations. Will be required to effectively and
efficiently carry out the duties of this position.
* Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of
knowledge normally attained through a high school education and
graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Requires current
license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas, must maintain
current license status.
* Requires a minimum of one-year prior successful experience as a
Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse. Home nursing care
* Requires ability to speak, read and write English.
* Must have and maintain current valid Texas Driver's license and
proof of current auto liability insurance.
* Must maintain current certificate in basic life support
* Must provide proof of TB testing within past 12 months.
* Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds
continuously to move objects.
* Requires ability to grasp, pull, push, carry or otherwise
manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of
muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye
* Requires ability to sit approximately 30% of time with occasional
move from office to office or office sites.
Standing/stooping/bending/climbing approximately 50% of time.
Walking requirements approximately 20% of time.
* Requires ability to communication clearly and effectively carry
out face-to-face interactions; articulate with accuracy to
communicate using phone.
* Sufficient good health to properly discharge duties required.
* Required ability to effectively interact with and coordinate
service delivery both internally with staff and externally with the
community at large including physicians, patients, family members,
vendors, insurers, other providers, etc.
* Requires ability to effectively work under minimal supervision;
exercise excellent professional judgment and maintain
* Requires ability to effectively establish and maintain
professional working relationships with staff, vendors, residents,
families, representatives, etc.
* Requires travel to various geographic locations.
* Requires effective response to emergency situations.
* Requires ability to effectively work under pressure and remain
flexible as priorities change.
* Commitment to ethical business practices both professionally and
Keywords: At Home Health Care, Mesquite , Pediatric Registered Nurse - Private Duty Nurse - DFW Area - Private Duty, Healthcare , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!