Barista and Cashier
Company: Tom Thumb Food Stores
Posted on: November 19, 2021
BaristaDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with
an emphasis on providing fast and friendly Customer Service.
- Assists customers by making product suggestions and filling
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately. Receives
and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to Store
Director as needed.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques via
telephone, in-store intercom, and one-on-one customer interaction.
- Implements proper and efficient product preparation and
packaging techniques. Uses and operates related equipment such as
kitchen utensils, conventional and microwave ovens, coffee grinder,
coffee machine, espresso machine, blenders, printers, and pallet
jacks. Maintains hot and cold foods to company standards.
- Brews coffee, tea, and chocolate. Operates electronic cash
register to total customer's final bill. Accepts payment and make
correct change for customers.
- Knowledge of proper procedures and coffee bar layout.
- Maintains case cleanliness and visual appeal. Responsible for
ensuring the proper cleanliness, sanitation and appearance of
Starbucks area and equipment and ensures a safe work environment.
- Ensures temperatures are maintained in all phases of
preparation, display, and storage.
- Assists with physical inventory taken every 4 weeks.
- Stocks and rotates product. Maintains and organizes cooler.
- Understands opening and closing department procedures.
- Builds displays, rotates and discards outdated or spoiled
- Working knowledge of Company policies and guidelines as
outlined in the Albertsons/Tom Thumb Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for ensuring proper code dating for all products
within the department are being enforced.
- Ability to follow and maintain department standards and
requirements in handling quick sales items.
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays.
- Performs receiving duties including breaking downloads,
verifying orders using invoices, inspecting quality, reporting
shortages, stocking, and rotating product. Adheres to product
temperature and storage guidelines and follows proper packaging
techniques. Processes administrative paperwork and maintains
accurate department records.
- Accurately completes, maintains, and monitors daily log sheet,
Production Log, Par Chart and other required paperwork and logs.
- Controls shrink and cost.
- Ensures that proper temperature levels for product are
maintained. Ensures proper signing of products to include accurate
pricing. Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state
regulations, Company, and code dating policies.
- Complies with all workplace safety rules and regulations.
- Ensures safety, cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor, work
area, freezer, cooler, equipment, and display area, including code
date compliance as required.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties.SKILLS AND PHYSICAL
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and the
ability to maintain professional demeanor regarding customers and
- Ability to frequently reach, lift and maneuver objects of
varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 40 lbs. Bends,
stoops and reaches frequently. Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand
trucks and pallet jacks. Performs repetitious arm movement to
prepare, package and display products.
- Complies with company grooming standards and dress code.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities.
- Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and
measures. Must have knowledge of product variety, standards,
perishability, product handling, sanitation, labeling and
department policies and procedures.
- Uses and operates related equipment such as kitchen utensils,
coffee grinders, coffee machine, espresso machine, blenders,
conventional and microwave ovens, registers, printers, and pallet
jacks. Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment. Operates computer
software and electronic ordering devices to order product.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment
and work aids necessary to perform job duties.WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must work in an environment-controlled environment. Frequent
exposure to refrigerated conditions and items at or around 35 -.
Frequent exposure to -20 - F while handling products in freezer.Job
Type: Part-timePay: $10.75 - $14.00 per hourBenefits:
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedulePhysical Setting:
- Coffee shopSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- TipsCOVID-19 considerations:All employees required to wear
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Tom Thumb Food Stores, Mesquite , Barista and Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!