About Navarro College:
Navarro College is a two-year, accredited, state-supported
community college and is home to four unique campuses. Our main
campus is nestled in the historic town of Corsicana, Texas, with
branches located in Waxahachie, Midlothian, Mexia and Online.
We are seeking individuals who strive for excellence, value,
creativity and innovation, are looking for a joyful workplace, are
respectful toward others, are team players and have integrity.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, national origin, age, religion, gender, marital, or veteran
status, the presence of a medical condition, disability, or any
other legally protected status. According to state law, if you are
related to any member of the Board of Trustees, your application
for employment cannot be considered. If you are related to any
member of the Faculty or staff at Navarro College, you will not be
permitted to work under the supervision of or in the same
department as any relative of your family or their spouse's
This is a grant funded position and continuation is dependent
upon availability of funds.
The Part-Time Success Center Assistant will work directly with
the CTE Success Center team, under the supervision of the Director
of Carl Perkins CTE Success Center. This position will provide
courteous, accurate, and professional assistance to students,
faculty, staff and the community. This position will be responsible
for assisting with administrative duties, as well as helping to
implement and coordinate program services for the purpose of
promoting advising for student success at Navarro College.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exemplary customer service to everyone who visits the
CTE Success Center office.
- Provide student advising and respond to education inquiries
over phone and in person.
- Provide courteous, accurate, and professional assistance to
students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Assist with scheduling appointments for staff members, current
and prospective students.
- Assist with administrative duties such as answering phones,
filing, typing, copying, shredding, checking the mail, etc.
- Assist with computer work using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Assist team members with posting fliers, and marketing
materials as needed targeting Career & Technical students.
- Assist with implanting the textbook, childcare, and
transportations services for the department.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of textbook requirements for CTE
courses and inventory of current textbooks and supplies.
- Collaborate with staff members in preparation and execution of
college events promoting CTE opportunities such as Explore CTE and
- Willingness to work in a busy environment with numerous
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree.
- One (1) or more year's experience in an office
- Previous school and/or college work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Intermediate knowledge of personal computer software/hardware
and ability to utilize computer technology to access data, generate
reports and create/maintain spread sheets.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with flexible schedule.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent organizational
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access information,
to maintain records, to generate reports, and to communicate
- Ability to function independently and as a part of a team.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to
fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Carl Perkins CTE Success Center
SALARY: $8.00 - $10.00 per hour (commensurate with education &
experience) / up to 19 hours per week
Interested applicants should click on the APPLY NOW button.
Please note that you will be required to submit all requested
documents in order to complete the application process.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that
all application materials are received by the deadline date, if
date is provided. All materials included in your application packet
(1) become Navarro College District property, (2) will not be
returned, and (3) will be considered for this opening only.
Initial Interview travel costs will be assumed by the applicant