Behavioral Health Program Manager
Company: City of Mesquite, TX
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, directing,
coordinating and evaluation of the City of Mesquite sponsored
Southeast Collaboration Crisis Intervention Team (SCCIT).
Coordinate with regional mental health and substance abuse centers,
as well as other Federal, State, and County agencies to facilitate
the accomplishment of the SCCIT program mission objectives. These
services are provided for the general public in coordination with
public safety within the participating cities.
- General supervision is provided by the Director of Neighborhood
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the management, support, and over-all
quality/effectiveness of the Mesquite Sponsored SCCIT program.
- Serve as liaison between Federal, State, County, and other
- Administration of grants by complying with all document
requirements; reporting financial information; developing tracking
mechanisms; ensuring the integrity of all reporting statistics;
seeking and preparing grant applications and budget requests; and
completing all grant reporting documents as required in a timely
- Serve as a liaison between city management, staff members, and
referred clients and provide coordination of functions and advocacy
of services provided by the program.
- Participate with the Director of Neighborhood Services, Fire
Chief designate, Police Chief designate, SCCIT Governance Board,
and SCCIT Advisory Board in the planning, implementation, and
on-going evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of client care
and support services.
- Participate in case conferences and team meetings to review
individual needs and service plans.
- Provide on-going liaison with area mental health and substance
- Develop with the Director of Neighborhood Services the SCCIT
unit's budget, staffing, and resource needs as identified by the
SCCIT Governance Board.
- Prepare written reports and analyses; prepare presentations,
tables, graphs for publication and/or presentations.
- Research and analyze a variety of factors related to client
needs, best practices, and program funding sources.
- Act as SCCIT liaison with the communities of the Southeastern
Collaboration, other agencies/organizations, and the Federal,
State, and County governments.
- Attend various inter and intra-agency meetings, State
conferences workshops, and other professional events.
- Work with the Director of Neighborhood Services to negotiate
and develop agreements with outside organizations and companies to
provide necessary mental health and/or substance abuse services to
- Prepare proposals for various grant and funding sources in
support and enhancement of the SCCIT.
- Conduct staff meetings, workshops, and conferences to promote,
communicate and initiate the activities of the SCCIT.
- Advise assigned staff in professional and/or administrative
- Select, hire, and evaluate professional and support staff.
- Plan and oversee the proper orientation, training, development,
and supervision of all assigned SCCIT staff.
- Organize and manage teams effectively.
- Utilize behavioral and physical techniques in emergency
situations to prevent injury to clients, staff, and others.
- Perform related work as assigned and adapt to changing work
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in all professional
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work from an
accredited college/university or related field.
- Two years of behavior health administrative experience.
- Licensed in the State of Texas (LCSW or LPC).
- Any combination of related education, experience,
certifications, and licenses that will result in a candidate
successfully performing the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position does not require a physical for employment.
Applicants with disabilities meeting the job requirements and
capable of performing the essential functions of the job, either on
their own or with reasonable accommodations, are encouraged to
Keywords: City of Mesquite, TX, Mesquite , Behavioral Health Program Manager, Other , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!