Maintenance Worker II - Wastewater (1st Shift)
Company: City of Mesquite, TX
Posted on: June 6, 2021
To perform a wide variety of general maintenance activities and
functions including installing, maintaining and repairing concrete,
asphalt, drainage, water pipes and sewer pipes; and to provide
support to the public and assigned City departments and
You can search for this position's full job descriptionhere.
- General supervision is provided by a Crew Chief and/or
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules of
Behavior outlined in chapter 8 of the General Government Policies
and Procedures Manual. Adheres to assigned work schedule as
outlined in city and department attendance policies and
- Operate a variety of equipment including trucks, air
compressors, rollers, mud-jack, tar pots, concrete mixers, concrete
saw, circular and quickie saws, jackhammers, electric drills, water
pumps,and other similar equipment and machinery in repairing and
installing concrete, asphalt and drainage structures, water and
wastewater pipes and appurtenances in various weather
- Utilize a variety of hand and power tools; assist in routine
maintenance of such equipment; assist with collection and cleaning
of tools and materials after utilization.
- Provide support to assist division staff in the completion of
their duties and responsibilities.
- Inspect and restore equipment fluid levels including oil, fuel,
water and transmission fluid; lubricate equipment as needed; report
the need for repairs.
- Assist with excavation projects by using manual labor not
limited to shoveling by hand, and using probing rods to locate
leaks and utility lines.
- Complete daily work log and work orders as required by
appropriate division staff member.
- Adhere to safety regulations including wearing appropriate
clothing, erecting proper barricades and signage and using proper
equipment and materials as assigned.
- Locate, install, maintain and repair a variety of water and
drainage piping for water distribution including fire hydrants,
pipes, valves and service connections; repair waterline breaks;
drain water from project site as necessary.
- Inspect and control infiltration problems related to the sewer
system; perform preventative maintenance and repair of sewer mains;
repair sanitary sewer manholes as needed.
- Setup or assist with setting up traffic safety zones as
- When assigned to traffic, assist in maintaining street lights
for highways, assist in installation of signs and markings and
other traffic operation related duties.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a High School Diploma/GED
- Requires six (6) months experience ingeneral labor
operating motorized equipment or hand tools similar to that used
in water distribution and/or wastewater collection.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Must possess a validdriver's license.
- Possession of a valid Class A Texas driver's license or obtain
a Class A Commercial license within 90 days of employment. Failure
to obtain Class A driver's license within 90 days of employment
will result in non-disciplinary termination.
- Obtain Class "II" Wastewater certification from Texas
Commission on Environmental Quality within one year following
successful completion of probationary period, if hired after
January 1, 2003.
- Monday - Friday; 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Rotating on-call and some overtime
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Keywords: City of Mesquite, TX, Mesquite , Maintenance Worker II - Wastewater (1st Shift), Other , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!