Multimodality Tech 5K Sign On Bonus
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 10, 2022
SHIFT: Mon - Fri 8AM - 5PMCandidate needs CT and XRay experience
-JOB SUMMARYThe Multimodality Technologist, under general
supervision of a Radiologist, performs imaging procedures in two or
more disciplines, with a 50% focus in an advanced discipline such
as CT, MR, Nuc Med or IR, on ambulatory and hospital patients as
requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the
diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established
protocols.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high quality multimodality procedures, according to
exam protocol and in a timely manner. Maintains production and
quality of imaging procedures by following established standards
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
others. Instructs and communicates with patients and their family
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient,
adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified
position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when
setting up and performing invasive multimodality procedures and
maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to
ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports
issues to management or appropriate department. Assists in
maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures individuals are safe to enter the department by
screening them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality multimodality procedures according
to exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at ease.
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required. -BENEFITSOur competitive
benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level - -QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION: -Grad of an
Accredited ProgramEXPERIENCE: -Less than 1 Year of
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS within 30 days of hire or
- Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Texas
Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT), unless
the role is MRI and Ultrasound.
- American Reg MRI Tech (ARMRIT), ARRT-Bone Density (ARRT-BD),
ARRT-BS Breast Sonography (ARRT-BS), ARRT-CT Computed Tomography
(ARRT-CT), ARRT-M Mammography (ARRT-M), ARRT-MR Magnetic Res
Imaging (ARRT-MR), ARRT-N Nuclear Medicine Tech (ARRT-N), ARRT-R
Radiography (ARRT-R), ARRT-S Sonography (ARRT-S), ARRT-VI
Interventional Rad (ARRT-VI), Cert Nuclear Med Tech (CNMT), Reg
Diag Med Sono-Abdomen (AB) (RDMS-AB), Reg Diag Med Sono-Breast (BR)
(RDMS-BR), RDMS Fetal Echocardiograpy (RDMS-FE), Reg Diag Med
Sono-OB/GYN (OB) (RDMS-OB), RDMS-Pediatric Sonography (PS)
(RDMS-PS), Registered Vascular Tech (RVT): Certified by the
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or the American
Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography in TWO imaging
modalities and works 50% of the time in the second modality.
Approved modalities are: ARRT-R, ARRT-CT, ARRT-M, ARRT-MR, ARRT-N,
ARRT-S, ARRT-VI, ARRT-BS, ARRT-BD, RDMS-AB, RDMS-BR, RDMS-FE,
RDMS-OB, RDMS-PS, RVT, CNMT or ARMRIT.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Mesquite , Multimodality Tech 5K Sign On Bonus, Other , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!