Posted on: June 17, 2022
US1142 Buckhead Meat of Dallas, Inc.
Minimum Years of Experience:
* Monday - Friday schedules available
* Competitive pay
* Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training
* Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
* Paid vacation and holidays
* Comprehensive healthcare benefits
* Generous retirement benefits
* Employee discount programs
* Referral Bonus
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Safety programs
* Service recognitions and employee rewards
* Cross training opportunities
* Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco benefits who
start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for
medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date
of hire*. This special medical and prescription drug plan
eligibility period supersedes the standard benefit information
below regarding Sysco's benefits eligibility period. Standard
eligibility rules (below) still apple to all other Sysco benefits.
*exclusions/exceptions may apply
What are we doing to keep our employees safe with regards to
* Personal protective equipment and masks provided
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Monitor Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) support/evaluation
programs and inspection/audit procedures to ensure compliance of
products and processes to corporate and regulatory requirements at
a Sysco Specialty Meat and/or Seafood Company.
- Monitoring of FSQA programs including HACCP Program, sanitation
standard operating procedures, pest control, good manufacturing
practices, approved supplier program, foreign material control,
plant sanitation, chemical control, product quality assurance, FSQA
Customer complaints, food defense and security
- Assist in Employee Training of FSQA Programs, Policies, and
- Assist in Implementation of Independent FSQA Audit Program -
- Assist when necessary for product evaluations, plant visits,
and supplier/customer communication to assist other staff members.
Assist as needed in any manner capable of during emergencies the
plant President or GM (general manager) determines are paramount to
- Frequently interacts with the following: SSMC/SSSC Personnel,
Operations, Sales, Transportation and Maintenance as well as Sysco
Operating Companies, and supplier/customer personnel at the line
- Formal job training in TQM principles, SPC, HACCP concepts,
CFIA/FDA regulations would be beneficial.
- Formal quality and sensory analysis training would be
- One to 3 years of meat and/or seafood industry (as appropriate)
experience at a federal CFIA/FDA meat and/or seafood processing
plant (as appropriate).
- Raw meat or seafood industry the only experience will be
accepted instead of combined experience
- Demonstrate the ability to write reports, basic business
correspondence, as well as to effectively present information and
respond to questions from managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
- Demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data and
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret basic technical
- Ability to use personal computer, lab equipment, food
preparation equipment and office communication equipment.
Certifications, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Valid driver's license.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and
arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Plant audits and inspections may require lifting of products up
to 100 pounds and inspection requires working in a production
environment on a moving line, lifting cartons, and visual
- Corrected vision required for sensory analysis to identify
- Warehouse and plant audit also requires close and distance
vision to judge GMPs; peripheral vision and depth perception
mandatory for safety.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally works near mechanical parts and in high,
precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, extreme cold, and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and
operating in a refrigerated environment is common.
- Plant audits/inspections and working at remote in-transit
processing facilities and Sysco Operating Companies contain both
moderate/loud noise and exposure to fumes and mechanical
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Mesquite , FSQA TECH, Other , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!