Equipment Operator I - Street Maintenance
Company: City of Mesquite, TX
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Salary: $16.13/hr. minimum - $18.99/hr. midpoint (Depending on
To perform semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the operation of
equipment for various maintenance operations and activities; and to
participate in a wide variety of maintenance and construction
You can search for this position's full job descriptionhere.
General supervision is provided by a Street Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules of Behavior
outlined in chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and
* Operate equipment including trucks, backhoes, air compressors,
rollers, loaders, mud-jack, pumps, pavers, tack and tar pots and
other similar equipment and machinery. Drive as assigned by
* Inspect and restore equipment fluid levels including oil, fuel,
water and transmission fluid; verify operational gauges and tires
as required; lubricate equipment as needed; service and adjust as
* Build, paint, repair and maintain a variety of City property
including barricades, fences, bridge rails and hand rails, bridges,
streets and underpasses.
* Collect and complete daily schedules; report all daily work to
* Maintain and repair a variety of concrete and asphalt materials
including City streets, alleys, and utility piping as assigned;
prepare obsolete concrete and asphalt for replacement; pour
concrete and asphalt; finish concrete and lay asphalt as
* Utilize a variety of manual tools to complete work projects.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Formal or informal education or training which ensures the
ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job
* Requires six (6) months prior working experience in general
* Must pass: An equipment operation test for skid-steer
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
* Possession of a valid driver's license.
* Possession of a valid Class A Texas driver's license or obtain a
Class A commercial driver's license within 90 days of employment as
a condition of continued employment.
* Failure to obtain a Class A driver's license within 90 days of
employment will result in non-disciplinary termination.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Keywords: City of Mesquite, TX, Mesquite , Equipment Operator I - Street Maintenance, Other , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!