Company: Tremco Incorporated
Posted on: November 18, 2022
The process engineers role is viewed as an extension of
management. Responsibilities are broad and include safety, product
quality, process control, productivity improvement, and development
of a LEAN culture. The process engineer is expected to spend a
significant amount of time on the floor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume a leadership position at safety meetings in partnership
with the shift supervisors. Activities include resolution and
communication regarding safety issues. Presentation of meeting
- Monitor progress regarding 7S area scans. Resolve issues in
partnership with operators and shift supervisors.
- Proactively monitor areas for potential safety issues.
- Develop and execute upon standard work activities.
- Assume responsibility for assigned activities on the
- Conduct GEMBA Walks daily. Use walks as the primary means of
education and communication of expectations.
- Thoroughly understand the principle and philosophy behind the
implementation of a LEAN culture.
- Use Six Sigma methodologies to drive continuous improvement and
to reduce process variability.
- Coordinate the training of operators with a focus on quality
critical product specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, and
- Improve productivity through the elimination of non-value-added
- Lead the effort to identify causes that result in productivity
levels below the expected.
- Participate with maintenance in facility TPM programs.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Chemical Engineering from an ABET
Accredited university and four to five years related experience
- Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Develop and evaluate plans and for various complex engineering
problems that will be carried out by others. Process Engineer will
be responsible for the evaluation of current production methods and
increasing overall efficiency in the Chemical manufacturing
process. They will provide guidance to team members and delegate
tasks as necessary to achieve plant objectives. They will provide
technical support to management and make recommendations based on
extensive analytical research and various plant simulations.
Special projects as assigned.
- Helps management set technical objectives for process
- Will take the lead on projects that will increase overall
efficiency in the manufacturing processes.
- Manage performance of Engineering CO-OP
- Identify and resolve quality, production, and technical
- Modify existing or generate new P&IDs.
- Provide technical recommendations and solutions for problems
that impact the reliability, efficiency or operability of the
- Analyze data prepare reports
- Establishes design restraints
- Screens pertinent information and decide what to pass on to the
- Creates and monitors project schedules and budgets
- Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus.
- Understanding process variance and the resultant effects on
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Perform problem analysis utilizing problem-solving
- Immigration sponsorship not offered for this role
Keywords: Tremco Incorporated, Mesquite , Process Engineer, Other , Corsicana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!