Janitor (Evenings) - Mesquite, TX (Disabled Friendly)
Company: Rising Star Resource Development
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Overview Rising Star Resource Development Corporation (Rising
Star) is a private nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation and Social
Enterprise. We are a supportive and integrated employer providing
employment to persons with disabilities, individuals with barriers
to employment and our veterans. We are a provider of contract
services for Facility Support services and Temporary Staffing
services to Federal, State and local governments, and to commercial
businesses. We are governed and credentialed at a State level
through WorkQuest Texas and at a Federal level through the
AbilityOne Commission. Job Skills / Requirements Rising Star is
seeking a hard working individual to join our team of
professionals. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to
grow and progress in an environment where talent is nurtured,
developed, challenged and rewarded.Essential Functions: The
qualified candidate should be outgoing, energetic, and motivated
with at least 1 years of custodian services.
- Maintain / Spot Clean all carpets and furniture.
- Maintain cleanliness of all office, restrooms and laboratories
- Maintains floors; sweep, mop, scrubbing and use of Omniflex
Machine as required.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Coordinates and performs general custodial functions such as
sweeping, mopping, dusting, cleaning windows and light
- Restroom cleaning and disinfect, replenishment of paper
supplies and soap and sweeping and mopping nightly.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair work on custodial
- Inspects areas for quality assurance per Custodial Log
- Cleans office furniture, walls, windows, water faucets and
floors of stains and finger prints.
- Operates floor maintenance equipment, backpack vacuum and mop
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Maintains inventory records of equipment and supplies as well
as reorder request.
- Ability to read and write English at a 10th grade level.
- Reliable transportation preferred.
- May train others and Performs related work as assigned.Physical
Requirements: Overall Strength Demands: The following describes the
overall strength demand of the functions performed by the incumbent
during a typical workday. Will be standing / walking for the length
of shift (4-8 hours). Will be bending up and down as necessary
during full shift (4-8 hours). Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
(reasonable accommodations available). Machines, Tools, Equipment
and Work Aids: The essential functions of this position require the
use of cleaning supplies such as: mop, cleaning chemicals and
vacuum.Environmental Factors: The essential functions of this
position are performed indoors with limited outside
exposure.Workdays and Hours:Mon-Fri, 3:00 pm to 7:00 pmCompensation
: This will be an Hourly Position, see below for wage range.
- $12.00 per hour. Additional Information / Benefits Employment
Benefits include: Workers Compensation, Social Security Benefits
and Unemployment.Rising Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Keywords: Rising Star Resource Development, Mesquite , Janitor (Evenings) - Mesquite, TX (Disabled Friendly), Other , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!