Machine Operator Lvl C
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Cutting-edge industrial technology meets grit, integrity and
passion. At Greenbrier, we do the hard work that matters. The
Greenbrier Companies (NYSE: GBX) is a leading designer,
manufacturer and supplier of freight rail and marine transportation
equipment and services, powering the movement of products around
the world. Greenbrier's heritage of hard work and industrial
innovation is celebrated at every level of our organization.
SUMMARY Machinists and CNC Operators are responsible for operating
machines within the machine shop to produce parts to dimensional
tolerances called out on CAD drawings. They shall need to know how
to select feeds and speeds based on alloy type to obtain the best
cutting conditions which produce the longest tool life. Duties and
* Use shop machines to produce production parts to print
* Use calipers, micrometers, or other types of measurement devices
to check part dimensions.
* Read print drawings and check part dimensions against print
* Use shop machines to produce tooling, fixtures, or other parts as
* Maximize tool life.
* Maintain equipment in clean, good working order.
* Other duties and projects as assigned by the Production Manager,
or Plant Manager. QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge, Skills and
* Use Understand basic machine operation.
* Able to read print drawings.
* Attention to detail in all work aspects.
* Able to use a caliper, micrometer, and tape measure.
* Know how to determine speed and feed rates.
* Required ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
* Good communication skills.
* Excellent judgment and decision making Skills
* Ability to write clearly and concisely.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
* Ability to operate successfully multiple facility machines
including at least three mid-level skilled machinery.
* Goal-oriented. PHYSICAL DEMANDS Key
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable.
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity -50% of the
C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity 66%+ of the time
Activities Stand: C
Reach Outward: C
Reach Above Shoulder: F
Squat or Kneel: F
Bend: F Push / Pull
12 lbs or less: F
13-25 lbs: F
26-40 lbs: O
41-100 lbs: O Lift / Carry
10 lbs or less: F
11-20 lbs: F
21-50 lbs: O
51-100 lbs: O
Over 100 lbs: O Working Conditions * Overtime required.
* Heavy industrial equipment used.
* Stress to reach manufacturing goals.
* With the exception of clerical, administrative, and some
management positions, which require indoor work, the physical
environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside
in heat/cold, wet/humid, dry/arid and dusty conditions. Employees
are required to use personal protective equipment as environmental
conditions dictate. The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Greenbrier, Mesquite , Machine Operator Lvl C, Other , Corsicana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!