Plasma Center Nurse - RN - Bilingual Spanish - Med Surg
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Plasma Center Nurse - RN - Bilingual Spanish
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps
improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus
on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical
This position will require 6-8 weeks of travel for training
purposes. All travel expenses for training will be covered by the
company and will include cost of flights, rental car, lodging, and
meals. Travel home for the weekend may be permitted and can be
discussed further in the interview process.
The Medical Support Specialist determines donor eligibility to
donate plasma, management of donor adverse events, review of
laboratory test results, donor notification of unsuitable test
results. The Medical Support Specialist works under the direct
supervision of the Center Manager (or Assistant Manager as
applicable) for operational guidance and under the supervision of
the Center Physician for medical issues. Ideally, the Medical
Support Specialist will be familiar with regulations of the plasma
collection industry and/or a manufacturing environment. The Medical
Support Specialist follows guidance provided by BioLife Medical
Affairs and provides center level support of environmental, health
and safety (EHS).
* Donor Eligibility (85%)
* Determine donor eligibility accurately and in a timely manner, to
include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education and
confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and
acceptance requirements, physical examination, blood testing, and
reviewing Serological Protein Electrophoresis (SPE) as
* Evaluate and manage donor reaction(s), which occurs at the
facility as outlined in the SOPs. Follow applicable SOPs for
medical emergencies including the execution of Center Physician's
standing orders and donor transport to emergency care
* Manage donor deferral; reviews test results and notify donors of
unsuitable test results per applicable SOPs.
* Initiation and investigation of Post Donation Information
* Refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as applicable)
when in need of providing unacceptable findings to donors, problem
solving, or guidance concerning medical or technical issues,
including donor safety and eligibility.
* Demonstrate continued competency in the performance of job
responsibilities and complete periodic assessment with the Center
Physician per applicable SOPs.
* Assist the EHS program as required per SOPs or as requested by
the EHS Manager (5%)
* Conduct pre-placement evaluation of new hires to include
assessment of medical history questionnaire.
* Support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs for
employees as applicable.
* Maintain applicable employee medical records.
* Member of EHS site committee and assist in training of employees,
* Manage employee incidents and determine whether further
evaluation is required by occupational health/ER. Refer to EHS
guidance regarding employee incidents.
* Administer first aid to employees as needed.
* Act as Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS.
* Supports investigations associated with pandemic threats within
local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
* May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History
(including, but not limited to): (10%)
* Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
* Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature
measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
* Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor
measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
Enter donor information into the Donor Information System
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
* Currently licensed or certified in the state where duties will be
assigned: Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physician
* Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification
* Fulfillment of state requirements (in state of licensure) for
basic IV therapy
* Able to satisfactorily complete the FDA approved training
requirements for BioLife Medical Support Specialist
* Minimum of two years in a clinical or hospital setting
* Effective communication skills
* Customer service oriented
* Basic computer skills
* Willingness to work with other Center Medical Team members to
ensure coverage of all operating hours
* Putting the patient at the center
* Building trust with society
* Reinforcing our reputation
* Developing the business
* Effective coaching and counseling skills.
Decision-making and Autonomy
* Routinely makes decisions determining donor eligibility.
* Seeks guidance from Center Physician and Center Management
(including Quality) for medium to high impact decisions and urgent
* Regularly advises and consults with donors/customers
* Coordinates with Center Management team and Quality to ensure
successful operation standards are met (Internal)
* Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors
(external) and fellow employees (internal)
* Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
* Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
* Attention to detail and ability to work independently
* Effective coaching and counseling skills.
* Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
* Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
* Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
* Willingness to travel preferred. (less than 10%)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent graduate of a
recognized educational nursing program.
Desired: Minimum of two years in a clinical or hospital setting
* FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - TX - Mesquite
Keywords: BioLife, Mesquite , Plasma Center Nurse - RN - Bilingual Spanish - Med Surg, Other , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!