CDL Driver/Backup Forklift Driver
Company: Central Garden & Pet
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Our Pet Segment is seeking a CDL Driver/Backup Forklift Driver
to be a part of our DMC Team based in Corsicana, Texas. The CDL
Driver/Backup Forklift Driver will transport material by operating
a commercial motor vehicle safely and courteously. Please see the
job details below for more information.-- MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Drives gasoline, diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination, or
straight truck to transport and deliver materials.
- Inspection of vehicle condition to visually assure the vehicle
is safe and all equipment is working properly, using a vehicle
inspection report, and documenting its conditions pre and
- Inspect load to assure it is properly secured and all necessary
equipment is safely in place prior to and delivery route.
- Back in drops, pull out full and empty trailers.
- Maintain an accurate daily driving log.
- Maintain good housekeeping: clean truck, sweep and clean up
- Forklift Driver for Warehouse when no occupying CDL
- Assist in loading and unloading of materials.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor. IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Valid/current CDL required, with demonstrated experience
driving/backing tractor-trailer combination.
- Driver---s license with excellent driving record, demonstrating
- Ability to successfully pass a road test.
- A DMC certification in forklift driving is required (company
- Ability to communicate with employees in a manner promoting a
---team--- work environment.
- Must be willing to work overtime and adjust work shift schedule
based on business needs.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
manner. WORKING CONDITIONS
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime,
special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
- Generally, works in an exterior environment in all types of
varying weather conditions (cold, heat). At Central Garden & Pet
(NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our
lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy
and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people
across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K.,
Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom
bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are
united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet
industries---one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time.
Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristic protected by law. #LI-MJ1
Keywords: Central Garden & Pet, Mesquite , CDL Driver/Backup Forklift Driver, Professions , Corsicana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!