Water Services Representative
Company: City of Mesquite, TX
Posted on: November 22, 2021
To perform a variety of skilled duties and responsibilities
involved in the maintenance, repair, service and installation of
commercial and residential water meters; and to assist the public
with water meter activities.
You can search for this position's full job descriptionhere.
* General supervision is provided by the Utilities Technician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform the replacement of water meters and meter parts including
meter gaskets, curb stops and meter boxes.
* Inspect meters for water leaks; repair meter leaks.
* Inspect, maintain, repair, test and service commercial and
residential water meters; check for low water pressure conditions;
overhaul water meters as required; inspect new meter settings.
* Install and discontinue water services.
* Inspect newly installed water meters to ensure safe and
* Provide water utility customer services including re?reading
meters and assisting customers with meter problems; collect past
due water bills for commercial only; issue tickets for illegal
* Operate a variety of tools and equipment including trucks,
hand-held computers, torches and hand tools; perform general
maintenance duties including refueling and making minor adjustments
* Read commercial water meters using computerized meter reading
equipment; make necessary calculations. Install and repair radio
* Work on call duty as needed.
* Keep accurate maintenance records.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* High School Diploma or GED.
* For external applicants:
* One year of experience involving the maintenance and repair of
plumbing, meter reading equipment or other related equipment.
* For internal promotions:
* Three months of experience working in the Maintenance Worker II
Utilities classification, Meter Reader classification or other
relevant City classification involving the maintenance and repair
of plumbing, meter reading equipment or other related
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
* Possession of a valid driver's license.
* Obtain a Class "C" Distribution certification from Texas
Commission on Environmental Quality within one year of successful
completion of probationary period, if hired after January 1, 2003.
Failure to obtain certification will result in non-disciplinary
* Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (1st Shift)
* Required rotating on-call.
* Some required overtime as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT#06022021
Keywords: City of Mesquite, TX, Mesquite , Water Services Representative, Sales , Mesquite, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!